The Volvette: TT LS1-powered 740 Wagon
Needless to say, the Volvo wagon is the pinnacle of unassuming motoring. We've driven a few and they perform their assigned task with due diligence and little fanfare, which is exactly what's expected. So it came as a bit of a surprise to find one DIY-er who decided that a 740 wagon would be the prime recipient of an LS1 V8. Not content with the stock power output of GM's finest small block, he decided to strap a duo of turbos onto the exhaust manifold and heave seven pounds of boost into the cylinders. The result is the Volvette, which produces over 500 HP and has the potential to make even more if the owner decides to crank the boost.
We want. Enough said.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX