Cars that offer side impact airbags are performing much better in tests from the insurance industry. The biggest problem with the industry's tests is old test data. The Jetta is the only 2005 vehicle in the under $21,000 test, all others are 2004. That wouldn't normally be a problem but some of the vehicles that received a "poor" in side impact tests last year installed standard or optional side airbags so a real comparison cannot be made. The VW Jetta secured a good rating in front and side impact tests. The Suzuki Verona and Chevy Malibu need to be tested again due to the availability of side impact airbags. Both cars received poor ratings in side-impact tests.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models