Yes, that plays off the word sad, since every news story, except for the very interesting 9-3 SportCombi wagon, is bad news. What we've been predicting has been confirmed. When the new generation of mid-size FWD cars debut in Europe, all will built at the Opel plant in Ruesselshein, Germany. That means all cars that will be built on the Epsilon2 platform including the Saab 9-3, Opel Vectra and Cadillac BLS. With other news putting the new 9-5 point of origin somewhere in North America, the Swedish-made Saab may be a thing of the past. GM has pillow-talked building some Saab vehicles in Sweden through 2010 which could mean that a replacement for the aging 9-5 may be years away.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video