- This single-seat concept car is one of the coolest we've seen in a long while. If only Dean Kamen had come out with this instead of the Segway...
- Some heritage cars were worth a smirk: we thought "Phaeton" was a bad word inside the VW group, since it got this man fired and VW run out of the luxury segment. But 2009 is Audi's centennial, so they showed off their Type A Double Phaeton, a subtle way of saying "We will handle the Phaetons, thank you..."
- And some heritage displays were just a little doleful. While we really do like the 300C, and it really could be "The Most Awarded Car Ever," it's time for compelling new ideas - like the 200C - so we can stop trotting out this swayback nag and let it retire gracefully.
- A landscaped track was created inside Cobo Hall where people could ride in - not actually drive - hybrids and electric vehicles. It was called the Eco Xperience, and it smelled like a giant compost heap. The odor was so strong it drifted up the stairwell to the VW stand and had people looking at the Bluesport Concept and wondering "Do you smell that?"
- Since it ended up on the Lincoln MKT, which came from the sea, looking like a baleen whale, and now every time we see it we want to shove krill in its mouth.