2011 Nissan Leaf - Click above for high-res image gallery
With 4,000-plus Nissan Leafs roaming the streets in the U.S., demographic data is starting to slowly trickle in. On Monday, Brendan Jones, Nissan's director of electric vehicle marketing and sales strategy, revealed these facts:
- Only one in four of Leaf customers considered another vehicle before buying Nissan's electric hatch.
- 60 percent of Leaf sales are in California, with Los Angeles and San Francisco leading the way.
- Leaf owners drive less than 60 miles a day.
- For most Leaf owners, the electric hatch is their primary vehicle.
- The Toyota Prius is the number one vehicle owned by Leaf buyers, with 19 percent reporting having a Prius in the garage.
- Leaf buyers are college educated, have an average credit score of 750 and a combined household income of $140,000.
- 95 percent of buyers select the up-level Leaf SL.
- 48 percent of Leaf reservations have turned into actual orders
[Source: Nissan-Leaf | Images: Copyright 2011 Damon Lavrinc / AOL]