Uno III transforming electric scooter – Click above to watch video after the jump
BPG Motors has announced that its Uno III, the unique three-wheeled, transforming electric personal mobility vehicle, is now available for pre-order. Just $250 gets you on the list for this dicycle-turned-motorcycle that's slated to launch in early 2012. BPG Motors describes the transforming Uno III like this:
"High-speed" being, of course, relative. Here's a brief overview of the Uno III:The Uno is the worlds first real transformer. At low speeds, the Uno is similar to a unicycle, for high-speed travel, the Uno transforms into a full motorcycle. This transitioning design allows the Uno to be compact and nimble for weaving through traffic, bringing indoors and parking, while at the same time, having all the benefits of a conventional motorcycle at high-speed.
- Price: Estimated to be between $5,000-7,000
- Deposit: Refundable deposit is $250. At a later date, BPG Motors will require a $1,000 non-refundable deposit.
- Charge time: Three to four hours
- Range: Projected to be 30-35 miles
- Top speed: 15 miles per hour in Uno (scooter) mode and 30 mph in motorcycle mode
- License: Designed to be classified as a scooter, so check with your state for licensing requirements
[Source: Gas 2.0]