Social media has been a critical element of Ford's marketing strategy during the run-up to the 2011 Ford Fiesta launch, so it comes as no surprise that it'll play a part in the customer delivery experience as well. In-showroom kiosks will play Fiesta Movement videos and act as photo booths for new owners. Before driving off the lot, Fiesta owners receive a USB thumb drive pre-loaded with an audio tutorial explaining the Fiesta's features and and how to use them. Naturally, this can be played back through the Sync system right in the car.
Once in front of a computer, drivers can then use the thumb drive to install a program that lets them access and modify their delivery photos, then share them with other Fiesta owners. The desktop application also provides a wiki with tips on how to use the Fiesta, get podcasts and other related information. It'll be interesting to see how Ford follows up the Fiesta launch when the new Focus arrives at the end of this year.
* The all-new Ford Fiesta is on its way to dealerships, and owners will receive an experience unlike any other when they take delivery of their new car
* A unique delivery experience for Fiesta owners includes a preloaded combination MP3 player and USB, which provide a one-of-a kind product "unpackaging" experience and an app that lets them stay connected with Ford and the Fiesta community
* Customer delivery is just one aspect of the Ford Retail Movement, a dealer-readiness initiative that focuses on preparing the sales force, attracting the customer and delivering the experience
DEARBORN, Mich., June 24, 2010 – When 2011 Ford Fiesta owners pick up their new car, they'll enjoy learning about it in a whole new way through the use of an interactive USB. Ford created the new delivery program for the Fiesta to make the initial owner experience as unique as the owners themselves, and is the first automaker to create such a program.
As part of the Ford Retail Movement, a dealer-readiness program, Ford has been working with targeted dealers, focusing on three key areas – preparing the sales force, engaging the customer, and creating a distinct new car delivery experience. The Fiesta delivery is designed to be particularly unique, since the approach is different than anything Ford has ever done before.
"Everything about the launch of the Fiesta has been different and the delivery experience is redefining how customers become acquainted with their new product," said Paul Anderson, Ford small car marketing manager. "The Fiesta movement started the engagement with consumers and the delivery process continues the dialogue. This makes owners a part of something special."
The Fiesta "unpackaging" experience is a new way for Ford and its dealers to interact with customers, and shows that Ford is trending towards a customer experience that does more than deliver a car – it brings the vehicle to life.
The experience kicks off with a short video featuring Fiesta Movement agents that is viewed on a kiosk located on the showroom floor. Following the video, consumers have their picture taken with their new ride, which is then uploaded to the Fiesta Community site.
On their way home, the owner plugs the preloaded USB into the Fiesta that "unwraps" the car and helps owners explore all the cool features in their new car, all in nineteen minutes of infotainment-type audio. Topics ranging from push button start, to the sound-deadening windshield glass are covered.
Once they get home, the USB goes into their home computer and downloads a Fiesta Community app, which is a place they can continue to engage with Ford, their dealer and other Fiesta enthusiasts.
Features of the Fiesta Community app include:
* Fiestapedia: Serves as an online wiki, where owners can get tips from other owners and contribute their own ideas, with more than fifteen categories to choose from.
* Photoshop: Users can retrieve their photo taken when they received their car, and Photoshop in a background, with more than fifty to choose from. After the photo is completed, it can easily be shared through social media channels like Facebook.
* Online Community: Connects owners through collaboration with Fiesta Faction, an existing enthusiast club.
* Dealer Store: Ties owners in with their dealer, so they can check out their Facebook page or website, and keep up-to-date with events.
* Podcasts: Offers a dozen podcasts with greater detail about the features on Fiesta, such as safety and SYNC.
* Fiesta News: Provides updated news on the world of Fiesta
* Ford Connections: Makes it easy to connect with Ford, through www.fordvehicles.com, www.syncmyride.com and www.flmowner.com.
"The Fiesta Movement has taught us that consumers want to continue the dialogue with Ford Motor Company and other Fiesta owners," said Anderson. "Fiesta continues to push the boundaries of how we launch products and how we interact with our customers."
The all-new Fiesta is on sale now and featuring an expressive design, class-leading technologies and best-in-class highway fuel economy of 40 mpg. Fiesta brings efficiency and convenience together in one package.