The Aston Martin Vantage GT4 might be worthy on the track, but what if you want a lightened, hardened Vantage for the street, à la Lamborghini's Gallardo Superleggera and Ferrari's F430 Scuderia? Then you have Elite to thank for this, the LMV/R. The car is lightened with the use of carbon fiber body panels and interior kit, widened with bespoke fenders, and given a Galpin Motorsports-esque wheel and tuning treatement.
They don't get any extra power, however. If it's any consolation, there will only be thirty of them – but each one will cost a fortune: $173,000 plus the cost of a Vantage. You can read all about the Florida-built car after the jump, and check it out in the gallery of high-res photos below.
[Source: Exotica Motorsports]
Vancouver, WA – July 29, 2009 – Final concept images have just been released for the 2010 Aston Martin LMV/R (Le Mans Vantage Racer). Only 30 of these race cars for the street will be produced for the world. Following in the footsteps of the Ferrari Scuderia and Stradale and Lamborghini Superleggera, the Elite LMV/R is lighter than the factory Vantage due to most of the body panels being made from carbon fiber. The Scuderia, Stradale and Superleggera were built for the purists who wanted a race car for the street, a more nimble version of the production street car that they were built from. These cars aren't for everybody due to their harsher ride and loud exhaust systems. This is the company that the LMV/R will now be amongst but even more rare and special. The Superleggera's US production was 172 cars, the Ferrari Stradale seen 1,288 examples built and the Scuderia production is supposed to top out at about 1,500 cars. Compare these production numbers to the 30 LMV/R's that will be built and you can see how special and rare the LMV/R will truly be. To take a Vantage and turn it into an LMV/R, many components are used. Here is a list of what comes standard on the LMV/R:
- Carbon fiber body kit consisting of: front bumper with screens, visible carbon canards, visible carbon front splitter, hood, fenders (2" wider), side skirts, side skirt panels, rear quarter panel extensions (2" wider), trunk lid with visible carbon rear wing, rear bumper with visible carbon diffuser
- Matte black 20" wheels and tires for wide body kit
- Lowering springs
- Big Brake kit
- Sport muffler with tips
- Carbon fiber engine bay kit
- Full Alcantara interior
- Carbon fiber interior kit
- Serial numbered plaque (only 30 cars will be produced)
- LMV/R matte black stripes
- Installation and full repaint