Yes, it's a slow news day, as many Fridays are. But who's going to complain about looking at new high-res photos of the 2009 Chevy Corvette Z06? Sure, it's not the ZR1, but it's still a damn fine car and for 2009 is getting a few tweaks that might be noteworthy to some. The first that's immediately evident is the Cyber Gray Metallic paint color, which is also joined by Blade Silver Metallic. With the deletion of Machine Sliver Metallic, the Z06 exterior color palette now stands at nine colors. Also new are 'spider'-design 10-spoke wheels exclusive to the Z06, and they look damn good framing those large rotors and red calipers. Less exciting is the new bright surround around the Corvette logo on the hood and redesigned Z06 sill plates, though owners of the '09 model will get a standard power hatch pull-down, Bluetooth as an option and the 10.5-quart dry sump oil system from the ZR1. There's some more new stuff in GM's own words after the jump, but we're too busy looking at the pics to tell you what they are.
Several trim and content changes are incorporated on the Z06. They include:
- New, "spider"-design 10-spoke Z06 wheel available in four versions: Sparkle Silver, Competition Gray and chrome
- Color-keyed door and instrument panels with red and titanium interiors
- Power-operated pull-down hatch now standard
- Gray stitching on Ebony base seats (previously red)
- New door sill plates with the Z06 logo
- Acoustic package standard on all Z06 models
The popular museum delivery option (RPO R8C) remains available for all Corvette models.