Graco's tips are pretty self-explanatory, but if this is your first year carpooling, you might enjoy the refresher course. Direct from Graco, we have:
- Always place children under 12 in the rear seat of a vehicle.
- Booster seats, car seats or seat belts should be provided for every child passenger in the vehicle -- choose the appropriate seat for each sized child.
- Choose booster seats that are appealing to children or even better, include your child in the decision-making process so they are happy to use the booster seat.
- Don't forget to check that all child safety seats are properly secured according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Every door should be locked once all passengers are safely buckled in the vehicle. If child safety locks are available, make sure they are in place.
- Fill out a contact sheet for every child in the carpool. Keep this information readily available in case of an emergency.
[Source: Graco Children's Products Inc.]