Entering the Autoblog Podcast Relaunch Sweepstakes will be simple. Just listen to the podcast and sometime during the episode we'll tell you a keyword. Take that keyword and send it back to us in an email addressed to abresearch at gmail dot com along with your name, age and address. We'll accept entries for the first Sweepstakes up until 12 AM on Wednesday, December 20th. At that time we'll randomly select an entry from the group and award that lucky listenter with an iPod Shuffle. We'll repeat the sweepstakes for the following three episodes and the iPods will get bigger and better as we go.
The 50th episode of the Autoblog Podcast will debut later today, so we suggest clicking here and subscribing to the Autoblog Podcast in iTunes so you don't miss it. The Autoblog Podcast can be found in the Games and Hobby category under Automotive in iTunes' Podcast Directory. We'll also have the episode available for you to listen to directly on the site.
- open to residents of the U.S. who are 18 and older
- you can enter each of the four giveaways once
- you can only win one of the four giveaways
- only submissions with the correct keyword and the entrant's name, age and address will be considered
You can read all the nitty gritty official sweepstakes rules after the jump, as well. If you're a long-time time listener of the Autoblog Podcast, thank you! If not, subscribe to the podcast, check us out and maybe win an iPod!
AUTOBLOG PODCAST RELAUNCH SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Autoblog Podcast Relaunch Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of AOL LLC, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
1. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by AOL LLC, 22000 AOL Way, Dulles, VA 20166 ("Sponsor").
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 1:00 PM ET on December 13, 2006 and ends at 1:00 PM ET on January 9, 2007. There will be four (4) separate Entry Periods. Limit one (1) entry per person/per email address per Entry Period. Subsequent entries from the same person/email address in an Entry Period will be removed from the entry database.
- Entry Period 1 (Podcast Episode 50): Begins at 1:00 PM ET on December 13, 2006 and ends at 12:00 AM ET on December 20, 2006.
- Entry Period 2 (Podcast Episode 51): Begins at 1:00 PM ET on December 20, 2006 and ends at 12:00 AM ET on December 27, 2006.
- Entry Period 3 (Podcast Episode 52): Begins at 1:00 PM ET on December 27, 2006and ends at 12:00 AM ET on January 3, 2007.
- Entry Period 4 (Podcast Episode 53): Begins at 1:00 PM ET on January 3, 2007and ends at 1:00 PM ET on January 9, 2007.
4. ENTRY: Listen to the 50th, 51st, 52nd, and 53rd episodes of the Autoblog Podcast (each episode corresponds with an Entry Period) for the winning Keywords. Send an email to ABResearch@gmail.com and include the following information: The correct Keyword from the Podcast, First Name, Last Name, Age, and Mailing Address. You must enter your true and correct information in your email submission. Submissions not containing the correct Keyword and the required information listed above will be void. Submission of email will result in one (1) entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
5. DRAWINGS: Sponsor will select the name of one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period that contain the correct Podcast Keyword. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received during the specific Entry Period.
- Entry Period 1 potential Winner will be selected on or about December 20, 2006.
- Entry Period 2 potential Winner will be selected on or about December 27, 2006.
- Entry Period 3 potential Winner will be selected on or about January 3, 2007.
- Entry Period 4 potential Winner will be selected on or about January 9, 2007.
The Sponsor will send the prizes directly to the mailing address included in the sweepstakes entry or will attempt to notify the potential winner within seven (7) days of the drawing. If a potential winner does not respond within two (2) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received in the appropriate Entry Period. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes prize per household.
6. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
- Entry Period 1: iPod shuffle 1GB (Approximate Retail Value "ARV": $79).
- Entry Period 2: iPod nano 2GB (ARV: $149).
- Entry Period 3: iPod nano 8GB (ARV: $249).
- Entry Period 4: iPod 80GB (ARV: $349).
No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To request the name of the winner from a specific Sweepstakes, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Autoblog Sweepstakes – Winners List, 27600 Chardon Rd., #855, Wickliffe, OH 44092. Requests must be received by January 31, 2007.