Infiniti unveiled its new Coupe concept in Detroit Sunday, and Erin Mays was there to get the details. The concept was launched by Mark Igo, Vice President and General Manager of the Infiniti Division for Nissan North America.
Designed by Nissan Technical Center (NTC) in Atsugi, Japan, the concept features a "seductive body design," - a simple, performance-inspired design that follows the Infiniti philosophy of being able to express a design in just a line or two.
It seems obvious from the Coupe concept's appearance that we're looking at the next generation G35 Coupe, which itself is an admired design that's going to be difficult to follow.
More pics and details after the jump.
The concept's features include:
- signature L-shape headlights and taillights with multi-lamp LED projector-style headlights and LED taillights.
- Infiniti signature "double-arch" aluminum alloy grille
- full-length glass roof panel
- side mirror housings actually have cameras instead of mirrors
- 9-spoke aluminum alloy 20 in. wheels with low profile tires
- dual exhaust
The interior features include:
- Infiniti "double-wave" instrument panel
- "Washi" (traditional japanese paper) style aluminum accents
- trim is wheat leather with espresso brown accents
- 7-in color information display
- integrated audio controls in steering wheel