Snake oil (and its corporate backers) are alive and well. The Car Connection (TCC) has complied a list of car gadgets that you should flee, not simply walk away, from:
- Deer whistle: Yes, we all want to protect Bambi (and that rabbit, for that matter.) But driving carefully when you see that “Deer Crossing” sign works instead of this device.
- Fuel system “energizer”: Better as jewelry. Bracelet or necklace? And
in what color?
- Engine transmission “rebuild” in a can: Uh, huh. Want to worsen your car? Buy this.
- Air intake “vortex”: See “rebuild” in a can above.
- “Cathodic” rust prevention: Sure, this will work… if my vehicle drove on water or was buried
under the ground.