Steve Saleen already had a career as a successful racing driver when he built his first modified Mustangs as Saleen Autosport in 1984. The business established quite a reputation with the powerful models and eventually branched out with its own supercar called the S7 in 2001. Saleen retired from the automaker in 2007 and briefly lost the right to the company name. However, he reacquired it in 2012.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!