American Airlines has jumped into bed with Uber in order to create a service that's as "door to door" as the pair can make. The idea is that fliers who can afford not to take the airport shuttle will get a "seamless travel experience." For instance, if you're flying with AA, you can set a reminder for an Uber pickup the moment you buy your ticket. Then, when you land, the app will guide you through the terminal and point you to your nearest Uber pickup location. That is, assuming that you're landing at one of 11 locations in the US that AA has added maps to its app, which include Chicago O'Hare, Dallas Fort Worth or LAX. So, uh, good work on that one.This article by Daniel Cooper originally ran on Engadget, the definitive guide to this connected life.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX