Jay Leno goes hot rodding in a 1952 MG TD
In addition to just talking about the car, Leno invites the original owner and builder to come on. The guy found the MG languishing in some bushes in 1970 without an engine or transmission and bought it on the spot. He built himself quite the hot rod and saved all of the documentation about the process.
Of course, part of the spirit of hot rodding is continuously making a vehicle better, and Jay's latest project with this MG is installing disc brakes up front. He went to the guys at Wilwood to figure actually out how to do it, and the result was an interesting segment on how to do these conversions. Check out the video above for a snarling V8 partially hidden in the body of a vintage MG.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models