Korea may bar new Corvette because it's TOO LOUD
"The launch of the seventh-generation Corvette is being delayed indefinitely due to Korea's regulation on automobile noise," said Chevrolet Korea CEO Sergio Rocha during a recent media conference, according to GM Authority.
Of course, Chevy could probably find some way to adjust the C7 to quiet it down its yell to meet the regulations, but there isn't much financial incentive to do so. According to Rocha, there are only around 12 Corvettes imported into South Korea per year. It's just not worth the investment to make sure a dozen people can enjoy the V8's bark. Too bad, it's a glorious wail...
Chevy Corvette Stingray Information
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies