In D.C. suburb, even the speed cameras have cameras
The solution? Another set of cameras, naturally.
In a meta moment of governmental decision making that we think that Xzibit meme-makers are bound to enjoy, officials in the Washington, D.C. suburb are positioning cameras to monitor wellbeing of the speed cameras.
So far, one of the new cameras has been installed, with some dozen more planned. Officials contend that the loss of a speed camera is expensive – sources cite a replacement cost of between $30,000 and $100,000 for each unit – as well as creating a safety hazard in the community. No figures were provided for the cost of installing the speed-camera-monitoring camera, however.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models