Jeff Zwart's road trip from Southern California to Pikes Peak
Jeff Zwart dominated the 2WD Time Attack class at Pikes Peak last year, setting a new record of 11:31.095 in a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. He's returning to the mountain this year, but will be driving a completely stock Porsche 911 GT2 RS.
Unlike most competitors, however, Zwart won't be towing his car to Pikes Peak. Last week he picked up the 911 GT2 RS at Porsche Motorsport North America in Santa Ana, CA, and drove all 1,132 miles to the event in Colorado. Filmmaker Will Roegge tagged along, and has produced an excellent video chronicling the road trip. You can watch the video after the jump, or check out our photos of Zwart driving in the practice days earlier this week in the gallery below.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video