Mobiado and Aston Martin show how phone and car can get along beautifully
Created in collaboration with Canadian luxury cellphone company Mobiado, this concept phone was just unveiled at the BaselWorld watch and jewelry expo in Switzerland. It's called the CPT002, and it's one of the slickest gadgets out there. It can lock and unlock your car like a proximity fob, but that's just the start. The phone will also interface wirelessly with such social media websites as Facebook, Twitter and FourSquare to help you locate the friends you're meeting or automatically update them on the progress of your road trip or track day. It's also designed to allow the car to access the phone's accelerometer to help prepare for an impending crash.
All that is packed into a slick design that suspends a transparent sapphire crystal capacitive touch screen between two platinum bars that house the processor, battery, SIM card and all the rest. Unfortunately it's just a show piece for the time being, but if this is what the future of mobility looks like, count us in for the ride. Details in the press blast after the jump.
MOBIADO CPT002 ASTON MARTIN CONCEPT PHONE: DESIGN IN MOBILITY
Basel, Switzerland – March 24th, 2011: The CPT002 exemplifies what a concept phone can be, combining existing technology and software with state-of-the-art advances in electronics to create a realistic vision of luxury mobile phones. The CTP002 will present this futuristic image at BaselWorld, the world watch and jewelry show in Switzerland (Hall 2.1, Booth A22).
The CPT002 is the key to your Aston Martin vehicle, automatically unlocking the doors as you approach, however this is just the beginning as the phone also connects directly to the car display while remaining in your pocket. The CPT002 software combines with the vehicle GPS providing a new level of social network experience:
- FourSquare will show your current location as well as the location of your friends and nearby venues all integrated on a GPS map of the Aston Martin car display, to help you plan your night and organize parking locations.
- Cameras integrated into the vehicle can be set to periodically update FaceBook and Twitter with pictures, video, and information of passing cities/landmarks during road trips, or can update your social sites in real time with your progress during race track days.
- At the time of an accident, the vehicle Airbag will receive accelerometer information from the CPT002 in the driver's pocket. These readings will give the car information of the driver's acceleration movement from within the car seat, allowing for more responsive control over safety deployments such as airbag sequence, timing, and seatbelt stiffening.
Mobiado is consistently guided by a philosophy of doing things differently, and this principle has now given rise to the CPT002 Aston Martin Concept Phone. Staying on the cutting edge of design required the freedom to push the limits of what a luxury phone can be. The heart of the CPT002 is the solid sapphire crystal, see-through capacitive touch screen. The sides of the CPT are crafted from platinum; they incorporate the battery, electronics, and SIM card allowing for the screen of the phone to be transparent giving the phone a simple modern look while maintaining a luxurious appearance.
The purpose of a concept is to push the boundaries of invention, allowing concept ideas to be identified for future production designs. Mobiado's passion for the avant-garde is an essential element of its DNA and history, and the driving force of its R&D strategy.
To contact Mobiado, please email email@example.com.
Copyright © 2011 Bonac Innovation Corp. All rights reserved. Mobiado is a registered trademark and Mobiado's product names are trademarks of Bonac Innovation Corp. Aston Martin and the Aston Martin logo are trademarks owned and licensed by Aston Martin Lagonda Limited. All rights reserved. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Bonac Innovation Corp.
5-9069 Shaughnessy St., Vancouver, BC, V6P 6R9, Canada
www.mobiado.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models