Shocking Rumor! Mazda considers RX-7 revival
According to Autocar, the project could yield a car much closer to the original RX-7 recipe by as early as 2013. Supposedly – and stop us if you've heard this one before – the company is working on a new rotary mill to be used with an electric turbo for a little extra grunt. With the RX-8 on its way out the door and no word of a replacement on the horizon, it would seem only fitting for Mazda to be working on something rear-wheel drive with a Wankel at its heart, but given the lack of hard sources and solid details, we're going to have to take this one with a jumbo-sized side of skepticism.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models