Shocking Rumor! Mazda considers RX-7 revival
According to Autocar, the project could yield a car much closer to the original RX-7 recipe by as early as 2013. Supposedly – and stop us if you've heard this one before – the company is working on a new rotary mill to be used with an electric turbo for a little extra grunt. With the RX-8 on its way out the door and no word of a replacement on the horizon, it would seem only fitting for Mazda to be working on something rear-wheel drive with a Wankel at its heart, but given the lack of hard sources and solid details, we're going to have to take this one with a jumbo-sized side of skepticism.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies