REPORT: Production lines halted at MG's Longbridge plant. This is not a repeat from 2005.
Production of the MG TF was back in order early last year, but economic turbulence made the factory's fortunes equally bumpy. It hasn't helped that the last couple of special editions the company has put out, the MGTF LE500 and the 85th Anniversary MGTF, haven't been so well received. MG Motor said it couldn't guarantee stability and now, 2009 production has ceased. There were rumors of a new 2010 MG model coming out... but that was a long time ago, and things have lately been as quiet as the now-shuttered Longbridge factory.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models