Top Gear to recreate the Italian Job Mini sewer chase scene in Belfast?
Both the 1969 original and the 2003 remake featured scenes where the protagonists evade police pursuit in the sewers hauling millions of dollars worth of gold bars. The original was set in Turin but shot in Coventry (whose sewer system was then under construction) while the remake was set in Los Angeles, but Top Gear is gearing up to shoot in Belfast. Okay, you figure, Top Gear has set up lots of off-the-wall races already, right? This segment was actually pitched to the TG crew by the local water company, eager to promote the £100m new works project that has been under way since 2005 to replace the Victorian-era plumbing system in the Northern Ireland. Thanks for the tip, Sam... this ought to be good.
[Source: BBC | Image: Steve Finn/Getty]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies