No biodiesel plant in China (China, Maine, that is)
What's at issue in the case is how the biodiesel plant would affect the surrounding area, something that is of interest beyond the state. The board said the biodiesel plant would have detrimental effects on the peace of the area, the value of surrounding properties and the water supply. The couple's observation that the area already has commercial ventures on the same road where the biodiesel plant is to be built was not enough to convince the Board to greenlight the plant. Neighbors were also afraid of possible explosions at the plant.
[Source: Maine Today]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video