Saab losses increase dramatically
The losses are all the more daunting because Saab posted record unit sales in Europe, its core market. We can expect that GM's most vocal investor, Kirk Kerkorian's Tracinda Corp., will renew its call for GM to cut its losses and dump the Swedish brand.
What are Saab's turnaround prospects? Perhaps encouraged by Saab's new models, GM Europe's president Carl-Peter Forster is pinning his hopes on higher unit sales in 2006, plus cost cutting and productivity improvements.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models