Yup. The Republican Governor of California, who owns several large SUVS, wants to continue tightening the tailpipe emissions on cars. Auto manufacturers and dealers, who strongly supported his election, are up-in-arms over the Governator's policies. Automakers have said the only way to meet the proposed emission standards is to build smaller cars. Gov. Schwarzenegger didn't offer specifics, but indicated he wants emissions to drop to year 2000 levels by 2010 and to 1990 levels by 2020, and beyond. His tough stance on pollution has his Republican colleagues puzzled to say the least.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies