Citing that the cost does not equal the reward, Chevy will remove itself from the Indy Racing League at the end of the 2005 season. GM started in IRL with Oldsmobile engines in 1997 with much success, winning the first 34 races against Infiniti powered teams. Chevy was pretty much uncompetitive after it took the program from Olds, with the engines from Honda and Toyota dominating for years.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies