- Chevy Camaro
- The 2010 Chevy Camaro isn't even out yet, but we can't help but think this is going to be a great date car. It's got classic proportions, RWD and a sprinkle of panache. Besides, if Shia LeBeouf could pick up Megan Fox in a 1976 Bernie Mack special, we're thinking the general public will do just fine.
- Mazda RX-8
- The Mazda RX-8 looks like nothing else on the road. It drives like a BMW, revs like an Indy car, and won't beat you up around town. The good news doesn't end there, either. If you want to impress your date, say things like "This baby has a two-rotor Wankel." We don't know how your date will react to that, but it gets us pretty excited.
- Ford Mustang
- The Ford Mustang is the perfect choice for a date car. Name another car that both men and women love equally. Besides, if you like your date, you can always promise that you'll let him/her drive your 'Stang on Date #2. If you don't like your date, then you can make a quick getaway.
Lincoln Town Car
- Lincoln Town Car
- Back in November, the Mercury Grand Marquis landed a spot on our Worst Date Car list, but its Lincoln sibling scores big here. Why? For starters, name another date car with which you can hand off the keys to a friend along with a chauffeur's hat and $50, thereby making it look like you're picking your date up in a limo. If the date goes well, you also have a commodious back seat for roomy conversation.
- Toyota Camry
- The Toyota Camry is the car for people who don't like cars. It's bland and boring, yet it lives at the top of sales charts each year. Why? It's dependable transportation with comfortable seats and a cup-holder large enough for your morning coffee. The lesson? Not everybody loves cars, and the Camry will go over well with your date's parents.
- Cadillac CTS-V
- Every Top 10 list requires a ridiculously fast track star, and every list worth its salt also has an ultra-smooth luxury vehicle. Lucky for us, the Cadillac CTS-V kills two birds with one stone. Some dates like luxury, others like speed, and they'll like both in the CTS-V. If you really want to impress your date, pull up at the stop light next to a Corvette or a Porsche 911. The fact that the other driver won't want any part of your supercharged Caddy will tell your date all he/she needs to know.
- Jeep Wrangler
- The Jeep Wrangler is the perfect vehicle for particular situations. During a blizzard, shift it into 4WD and you'll hardly notice the snow. On a bright, sunny day, just remove the top and soak up the sun. If the date is becoming a bit dull, simply find a suitable hill, put it in low gear, and go to town. On the hill.
- Honda Insight
- The Honda Insight is the practical car on our list. We achieved over 63 mpg during our first drive of the new Insight, so you likely won't waste any date time stuck at the pump. Plus, a lot of co-eds are impressed by a tree-hugging mentality, and nothing says "I heart Mother Earth" like 60+ mpg.
- SMART fortwo
- The SMART fortwo is kind of cute and has a certain hip factor to it. We like the fortwo because many first dates are also double dates. With the fortwo, you have a great excuse to drive separately and won't have any trouble fitting into tight parking spots.
- Ford F-150
- We dissed the F-350 dually as a date vehicle in our last list because the need to tow 19,000 pounds doesn't make a good first impression. The F-150, however, shows just the right amount of macho to impress the opposite sex. Plus, there's a convenient step for easy entry if the mood strikes to lay in the bed and stare at the stars.