May 27, 2008
Panasonic EV Energy Co., Ltd.
Panasonic EV Energy Plans HV Battery Plant in Miyagi Prefecture
KOSAI, Shizuoka Prefecture-Panasonic EV Energy Co., Ltd. (PEVE) announced today that
it plans to establish a plant in Japan's Miyagi Prefecture to increase PEVE's supply of
batteries for hybrid vehicles.
Details are as follows:
1. Prospective location: Taiwa Ryutsu Kogyo Danchi (logistics & industrial
park), Taiwa-cho, Kurokawa-gun, Miyagi Prefecture
2. Start of operations: Beginning of 2010 (scheduled)
3. Product lineup: Nickel-metal hydride batteries for hybrid vehicles
4. Production capacity: Approx. 200,000 battery packs a year (approx. 100,000
packs a year at start-up)
5. Investment: Approximately 30 billion yen
The new plant is expected to create approximately 300 jobs.