As summer continues, more folks are taking their vacations on the road. Sibling blog gadling
posted on the ten worst locations for gridlock and traffic jams in the U.S. - valuable information for any vacationer. "The Worst Physical Bottleneck in the United States" measures bottlenecks by time delayed in such conditions.
The ten worst are:
- Los Angeles 101 at the I-405
- Houston I-610 at the 1-10
- Chicago I-90/94 at the I-290
- Los Angeles I-405 at the I-10
- Atlanta I-75 at the I-85
- Washington I-495 at the I-270
- Los Angeles I-10 at the I-5
- Los Angeles I-405 at the I-605
- Atlanta I-285 at the 85
What have we learned? Avoid L.A. at all costs.
[Source: Federal Highway Administration