The Meta is offered in five models: Sport, Top, Electric, Safari and Basic. Italiaspeed quotes the Director of Garage Italia, Giovanni Galvano, as saying "Meta is a synthesis of the best of 'Made in Italy.' The whole project has been aimed at creating an extremely safe, small vehicle to be used alternatively to a car for individual transport in our congested cities reducing both the need for parking space and running costs." I'd say the phrase "small vehicle" is an understatement - the Meta is only 4 ft 6 in wide and just over 8 ft long.
The car will be launched in Italy in 2006, with export to other Mediterranean countries to follow.
More pics and specs after the jump.
[All photos courtesy of Garage Italia, unless otherwise linked] Engine and chassis:
- front wheel drive
- 505 cc gas, 505 cc diesel, 15 kW electric
- continuously variable transmission
- suspension: double A-arm front, independent horizontal swing arms in the rear
- 14- or 15-inch wheels
- passenger seat folds flat to increase storage room
- removable side windows
- digital instrument panel located in center of steering wheel, which automatically adjusts display brightness to suit ambient light