We're big fans of the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, a full-size pickup impressively configured from the factory for serious desert running. While its stock, naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V8 provides 411 horsepower, some consider it lacking. Others still want more aggressive underpinnings for even more serious duty. Stop worrying, as Shelby American appears to have the answer with its new Shelby Raptor.
Shelby American unveiled its all-new Shelby Raptor at the New York Auto Show last month, saying that it would build just 100 examples of its off-road bad boy, a pickup priced at $17,995 over the cost of the donor Ford F-150 SVT Raptor. But the Las Vegas outfit apparently underestimated just how popular the supercharged 575-horsepower 4x4 would actually be.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX