A Texas man who lost his leg after he was hit by a distracted driver is urging city officials to approve a new, stricter hands-free driving ordinances in his hometown of Austin.
Remember that scene in The Empire Strikes Back, when Luke Skywalker gets his hand chopped off by Darth Vader, and he gets a really cool prosthetic that looks just like his severed hand? (Spoiler alert, by the way.) Well, this technology is the predecessor to that. And while it'll be useful if your estranged father goes after your mitts with a meat clever, a mind-controlled prosthetic doesn't seem terribly important in the world of cars.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX