Mini just doesn't want its Rocketman concept to die. It unveiled the truly mini model at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, and since then, there have been countless on-again, off-again rumors about the possibility of it going into production. If the latest talk proves true, a smaller vehicle like the Rocketman might make it into the automaker's lineup after all, as competitor to other stylish city cars like the Smart ForTwo.
Mini Rocketman Concept: Geneva 2011
- Steven J. Ewing
- Jan 23, 2012
The Mini Rocketman (we'll spare you the Elton John lyrics) was one of our favorite concepts from the 2011 Geneva Motor Show. Sure, the name is silly, but this pint-sized concept showed what could be in store for an even more mini Mini. A smarter Smart, if you will. However, a new report from CAR states that the entry-level Mini project has allegedly been canned. The Rocketman as we know it has been grounded.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX