Volkswagen has announced that pricing of its limited-edition 2014 Beetle GSR will start from $29,995, *not including $820 for destination. This throwback to the original 1970s "Yellow Black Racer" first debuted at the Chicago Auto Show and will be limited to just 3,500 units worldwide.
2014 Volkswagen Beetle GSR: Chicago 2013
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Feb 7, 2013
Way back in 1973, Volkswagen decided it was high time to take the loveable air-cooled Bug racing. No, it wasn't painted in Herbie colors – Volkswagen called its sport-tuned machine the Beetle GSR, "Gelb Schwarzer Renner" or "Yellow Black Racer." Hence, the somewhat shocking paint scheme.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX