Man accusses NYPD cops of joyriding in his car while he was jailed
Except Rashad was cooling his heels in a New York City lockup at the time. Either the police or a civilian employee of the department was having a good time with the Mercedes-Benz. Even worse, the car came back with a broken rear window and scratched paint. Officers listed the car in "good" condition when it was deposited at impound, though the NYPD says Rashad didn't have any issues when he picked up the car five days later.
Rashad now says he wants to sell his car, and his lawyer has made it clear he has no intention of paying the red light camera fine. The NYPD has declined to comment on the incident.
Mercedes CL-Class Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models