Mercedes-Benz taps Valmet to build new A-Class
Since Mercedes plans to start selling the A-Class in North America in 2014, and Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche anticipates a compact vehicle boom, Daimler wants to make sure it has cars available for buyers. The contract with Valmet runs for three years from 2013 until 2016 and will add another 100,000 A-Class vehicles to the mix, important as Mercedes tries to roll out five compact models including a coupe and SUV. For its part, Valmet is happy to have something more to do other than tinker around with low-volume cars like the Fisker Karma and Marussia B2.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models