Japan's new cars sales reportedly plummet to lowest since 1968
Japan's March auto sales are reportedly the worst they've been since 1968. Overall vehicle sales were down 44.2 percent from the same month in 2010, while sales of all light cars were down a similarly colossal 32.5 percent on the month.
With many Japanese automakers still shut down nearly a month after the quake, we're guessing the sales slump in Japan will continue at least through April, and possibly throughout the summer.
[Source: Integrity Exports | Image: Yoshikazu Tsuno/AFP/Getty Images]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models