Taking advantage of that fact, Evolution Studios, the outfit behind the PS4 exclusive, has released a rather wide-ranging patch to its racer. The first of two updates in December, this bit of free downloadable content adds a few basic usability and accessibility features, according to the game's Facebook page, while the second patch mostly adds support for future "premium" content packs, which look largely like car and event additions.
We don't much care about that stuff, though, because the most exciting additions hit today won't cost you a penny. Dynamic weather is being added through today's 1.4-gigabyte patch, while two new track locations are being added, with both the Atlanterhavsvegen, Norway circuit and Sinclair Pass, Canada tracks being added in both forward and backward formats.
It's probably not going to change our opinion of DriveClub too much, but it is reassuring to see that neither Sony nor Evolution Studios is willing to let the game rot while still on the vine.
Scroll down for the direct release from DriveClub's Facebook page. Related Video:
It's a big one, bringing dynamic weather, 2 new tracks and lots more improvements based on your feedback.
Here's the full details of Game Update 1.08 (which weighs in at 1.4GB):
* Adds weather to the game, for online and offline play.
* Adds two new tracks, both including reverse variants: Atlanterhavsvegen in Norway and Sinclair Pass in Canada.
* Adds the option to configure Throttle/Brake controls onto Up/Down on Right Stick.
* Adds the ability to access Club Cars when offline.
* Adds the ability to access Club Paint Jobs when offline.
* Adds track maps and stats to each track card in Single Event.
* Adds player statistics to various panels within Single Event and Challenges.
* Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
Add-ons (coming later in December):
* Adds support for the Mazzanti Evantra, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download later in December.
* Adds support for the Redline Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in December. This Expansion Pack includes the Redline Car Pack and Redline Tour Pack.
* The Redline Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Mercedes SLS AMG E-Drive, McLaren F1 LM, Renault Alpine A110-50, Ferrari 458 Speciale, and Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
* The Redline Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for the Elements Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in December.
* The Elements Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
There's more to come in the next game update, so please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.