The 991-type Porsche 911 was introduced in 2012, but it's just now hitting its stride in terms of the numerous variations for which the 911 is known. Following closely on the heels of the 911 Turbo Cabriolet models revealed at the LA Auto Show, Porsche looks to be readying the return of the 911 Targa.
- Aug 8, 2013
Type 991 Porsche 911 Targa Spy Photos
- Jeff Sabatini
- Jun 6, 2012
No, that's not a Type 991 Porsche 911 Cabriolet – look closely and you'll see the first true Targa since the model variant disappeared from the Porsche 911 line in 1995. Oh yes, we know Porsche has been selling one in the interim, but to purists, the giant sunroof models of the past 17 years have been Targas in name only.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models