Jaguar Land Rover has made plenty of drool-inducing, time-warping performance machines, but most of them – from the XJ220 to the F-Type – have come from the Jaguar side of the equation. That's where the British automaker's new Special Operations division came in with the new Range Rover Sport SVR, transforming one of Land Rover's off-roaders into a Nürburgring-conquering performance ute. But it won't be the last.
Land Rover Defender Challenge by Bowler
- Noah Joseph
- Nov 1, 2013
Want to work your way up to Formula One? There are numerous feeder series you can start out with. Same goes for NASCAR, Indy, the World Rally Championship... just about every form of motorsport has its ladder to ascend. But Land Rover and its racing partner Bowler noticed a lack of a clear path up to rally-raid competitions like the Dakar Rally, and so they've teamed up to launch the new Defender Challenge.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX