Collector car insurance company Hagerty estimates that $1.3 billion in classic vehicles crossed the auction block in 2014 in North America, up slightly from 1.2 billion in 2013. About a third of that was just during the Monterey Car Week.
Bonhams Maranello Rosso Collection: Monterey 2014
- Chris Bruce
- Aug 15, 2014
This weekend's Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegrance brings together some of the rarest and most expensive automobiles in the world onto a tiny peninsula in California jutting out into the Pacific Ocean. But this year, there has been one vehicle on everyone's lips – a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. Bonhams put up this incredibly rare Prancing Horse at no reserve for its auction at the Quail Lodge, meaning it could have sold for just a dollar. It didn't though, this ex-Jo Schlesser owned Ferrari sold fo
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX