According to Reuters, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has launched a preliminary evaluation of the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe after receiving two complaints of broken front axles on vehicles with fewer than 5,000 miles on their odometers. Naturally, a broken axle could result in the loss of control of the vehicle, especially if it occurs at high speed. It's not immediately clear if the investigation centers on the five-seat Sport, the seven-seat model or both.
2013 Hyundai Sante Fe: First Drive
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX