Items like the thick, cross-stiched leather, touchscreen navigation and a Bowers & Wilkins stereo hide just how wild the Jaguar XKR-S is. Without them you'd be overcome by the scent of a feral carnivore with blood on its breath, which is what the hottest coupe in Jaguar's portfolio really is. Yet Jaguar is thinking about removing the XKR-S' urbane coverings and producing a street-legal track version that would drop weight and lap times, according to a report in Car and Driver.
2012 Jaguar XKR-S: First Drive
- Noah Joseph
- Dec 7, 2011
You may conjure up visions of luxury sedans and boulevard cruisers when you think of Jaguar, but the Leaping Cat marque has also made some wickedly fast sports cars over the years.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX