Fans of off-roading and desert blasting might recall that Chrysler offers an aftermarket conversion that can turn a Ram 1500 into a road-legal desert racer, called the Ram Runner. The kit, sold through Mopar, includes some significant suspension upgrades, body tweaks and a brawnier cat-back exhaust for the truck's 5.7-liter V8.
2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor: First Drive
- Brandon Turkus
- Apr 11, 2014
- Steven J. Ewing
- Jan 20, 2012
We recently went off the beaten path with a Ford F-150 SVT Raptor in Moab, Utah to test the 2012 model's improved off-road chops. While Editor Paukert's tale of the experience certainly gets the point across, there's nothing quite like watching Ford's monster tackle the rocks and dirt in high-definition video, especially video that was taken by a hovering camera-equipped drone.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX