Learn how Hot Wheels built a life-sized Double Loop
It shouldn't be a surprise, but there were crashes in practice. Hot Wheels rigged up a poor Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback with a remote-control system as a practice vehicle, which eventually pancaked itself into the track midway through its run. The full-size RC car showed the lengths that the team went to get this stunt right, while making it as safe as possible for the two drivers.
You can check out the complete documentary below, along with the live lap from the 2012 X-Games in Los Angeles.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models