Racing takes on many forms in the automotive world. There are sanctioned events that are as varied and diverse as NASCAR, Formula One, Global Rallycross and drag racing, and to be good enough to win competitively in one discipline, you need to have a specialized vehicle. Or do you?
Tanner Foust's 2011 Ford Fiesta rallycross racer
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Nov 2, 2012
Global RallyCross is an interesting motorsport. Beginning in 2010 at the X Games, the series races on short tracks made partly of asphalt and partly of dirt, along with a signature variation called the Joker Lap, in which drivers are required to take an alternate, slightly longer route that generally incorporates a 70-foot gap jump.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX