Fans of off-roading and desert blasting might recall that Chrysler offers an aftermarket conversion that can turn a Ram 1500 into a road-legal desert racer, called the Ram Runner. The kit, sold through Mopar, includes some significant suspension upgrades, body tweaks and a brawnier cat-back exhaust for the truck's 5.7-liter V8.
- Brandon Turkus
- Apr 11, 2014
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Mar 24, 2013
An argument could be made that Chrysler already offers a competitor to the much-loved Ford Raptor in the form of the Ram Runner pickup. The difference, though, is that Ford builds the Raptor right on the production line, whereas Ram requires the buyer to have modifications made at one of its dealerships after the initial purchase is made.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX