Is there anything that gets better with age more than wine? Why yes, motorsports fans, that would be racing footage. BMW has gone down to the cellar to create this four-and-a-half minute video chronicling the history of its Motorsport division as part of BMW M's 40th anniversary celebration.
- Aug 8, 2013
40 Years of BMW M
- Jeff Sabatini
- May 16, 2012
When we think of the BMW M division, the 1978 M1 comes instantly to mind, followed by the E30 M3 and then the 2001-2002 M Coupe. But the company's in-house hot rod shop actually dates back to 1972, when it was formed as a subsidiary to manage the company's racing operations, dubbed BMW Motorsport.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models