The Chevrolet Trax is the slightly more meat-and-potatoes cousin to the Buick Encore, with the same platform and engine underneath but a touch less luxury. The little compact crossover is on its way to US dealers in January 2015, and Chevy is finally announcing the base price for this runabout CUV at $20,120 (*plus $875 for destination) when it goes on sale. That's around $4,000 less than a starter Encore before its destination fee.
2015 Chevrolet Trax: New York 2014
- Brandon Turkus
- Apr 15, 2014
We imagine the conversation among Chevrolet's product planners that led to a greenlight for a US-spec Chevrolet Trax went something like this: "Hey, the Buick Encore is selling like mad. It's proven that people love subcompact crossovers. Quick, let's import a vehicle from Canada."
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX